Welcome to Government College Ropar
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
As per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of the institution's system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
Goals of IQAC
The primary aim of IQAC is
• To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
• To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The college has in place an Internal Quality Assurance Cell. The IQAC was established first in 2007 as one of the Post Accreditation initiatives for quality enhancement. The institutional policy with regard to quality assurance pertains to ensuring excellence in academics, extra-curricular and sports fields. Periodic academic testing of the students is done through monthly tests, mid-semester tests and house exams, seminars, organizing extension lectures by experts and organizing a large number of extra-curricular and sports activities are an evidence of how quality assurance has been institutionalized in the regular functioning of the college. The IQAC identifies strengths and weaknesses in the quality assurance procedures and to monitor the teaching and learning outcomes. It also works to evolve a feedback mechanism for further reforms and development, to promote research culture among the students and to explore new avenues to meet the global trends of the contemporary scenario.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient, and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents, and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate/contribute:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.